Established in France in 1925
Creation of the French family-owned company Aldes (Atelier Lyonnais
D'Emboutissage Spécial) specialized in the cutting, stamping
and manufacturing of metal aeration grilles.
1960s - Regulatory changes
New regulations for residential
ventilation introduced in France.
1970s - First CMEV solutions
Launch of self-balanced controlled mechanical exhaust ventilation
and heat recovery ventilation under
the Aldes brand.
1980s - 30% share of the residential ventilation market
The Aldes group breaks into the commercial premises market
• Invention of humidity-controlled ventilation - with both incoming and outgoing airflows regulated by atmospheric humidity.
• Integration of the company SGEI, launching the Group onto the Fire Protection market (fire dampers and smoke extractors) for aeraulic ductwork.
• The opening of the first international subsidiaries (Italy, USA, Belgium).
• Bruno Lacroix the founder's son, becomes CEO of Aldes.
• Acquisition of HCI from Usinor group. Aldes manufactures HVAC ductwork and accessories.
1990s - Business diversification
• Launch of Central Vacuum Cleaning System
• Following a long tradition of innovation, Aldes launches a range of active sound attenuators for aeraulic ductwork.
• Acquisition of GB2000, specialist in CVC systems in France.
• Aldes creates Températion®, a thermodynamic ventilation system that combines ventilation and air cooling.
• Aldes becomes European leader in CVC systems.
• Launch of a new, innovative generation of Isone® circular evolutionary fire dampers.
2000s - Turn towards Temperature Control and the commercial market
• Integration of Euro Register, specialist in the manufacturing of grilles and diffusers.
• Creation of Acthys subsidiary in France, specialized in natural and low pressure ventilation in building renovation projects.
• Design of a new logistics strategy leading to the setting up of the Mions logistics center (69 - France).
• Creation of "La Maison de l'air", a network of installers, retailing Ventilation, Heating, Air cooling, Domestic Hot Water, and CVC systems to private individuals.
• Acquisition of the company Climovent in Italy, a wholesale specialist in ductwork and accessories.
• Launch of domestic Températion® with multi-function T.Zen and T.Flow systems, temperature control by air.
• Capital investment in Airpac, air/water and water/water heat pump manufacturer.
• Creation of the "Store Online" website, for online sales to private individuals.
• Launch of complementary technologies in heat recovery thermodynamic ventilation: night ventilation, Canadian airshafts...
2010s - The Aldes Group becomes an Indoor Air Quality and Temperature Control solutions global player.
• Acquisition of the Canadian company - Air 2000, specialists in HRV systems for the North American residential and commercial premises market.
• Acquisition of the company Ribo in France, specialists in solutions for heating, air cooling, and treatment of air based on reversible air heating pump systems.
• Stanislas Lacroix, Bruno Lacroix's son and the founder's grandson, becomes President of Aldes Group.
The Aldes Group confirms its goal to reinforce its international presence.
The Aldes Group is a multi-brand group positioned as a global leader in air quality, temperature control, and human safety solutions.
The Aldes Group becomes an Indoor Air Quality and Thermal Comfort solutions global player.